If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident, you understand the stress and aggravation that come with crippling medical bills, missed time from work, lost income, and mounting emotional impacts resulting from your injury.
An injury can have lasting impacts on your life, and those responsible for the accident must be held accountable to ensure that you can get back on your feet again.
If another person’s negligence triggered your injury, you might be entitled to complete compensation for your losses and medical expenses through a personal injury claim, but you shouldn’t have to face the insurance companies alone.
You need a trusted Springfield personal injury lawyer on your side to protect your legal rights and ensure that you’re fully and fairly compensated for your injuries, healing, discomfort, and lost earnings.
For this, you don’t have to visit multiple law offices. Book a free consultation with a top personal injury lawyer and have a free case review.
What to Do if You Got in a Personal Injury Case
- If you were involved in any personal injury case where you weren’t at fault, you must be careful and act mindfully. It is understandable that if you got in a motor vehicle accident, things would be more complicated for you to manage – as the treatment and recovery time depends on your status and injuries.
- So, during that period, you will be unable to contact or look for any personal injury lawyer in Springfield, Missouri.
- However, if you found yourself involved in a personal injury case with all of your actively working senses, here is what you should do to get compensated for what you have suffered.
1- Seek Immediate Medical Treatment
- Your safety comes first, so seek immediate medical treatment when you get in an accident, whether at work or while driving a motor vehicle. Even if you think that you are fine and don’t have any serious injuries, visit the hospital and undergo a thorough medical checkup.
- Many times it has been witnessed that the victim of personal injury cases thought that they were fine. But later on, they encounter internal injuries and their side effects. This is where they found that everything was lost from their hands.
- So, be a wise man here, seek immediate medical treatment and undergo a detailed medical checkup.
- An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the insurance system
2- Call the Police
- If you are a victim of a personal injury accident and want justice and compensation for your sufferings, take the initial steps at the right point. It is advised to call the police immediately so that they can collect evidence.
- Reporting the case to Springfield police will help you in many ways, including having all the evidence secured to use in the court.
3- Capture Evidence for your Personal Injury Lawyer
- Springfield police are super active, and they reach the place of the incident right on time. But in many cases, especially in hit-and-run cases, you are very short of time.
- So if you are conscious enough to collect or note the evidence on your own, please do so. The best way is to take pictures of the crime scene.
- Another important thing is to note down the contacts of potential witnesses of the scene. Their recorded statement will help you a lot in getting compensation from insurance companies and the other party.
- Confused about this part? No worries, call us and speak with a seasoned personal injury lawyer who can guide you through the process
4- Hire an Expert Springfield Personal Injury Attorney
- Once you recover or gain consciousness, look for an expert attorney to help you with legal advice and represent your case in court. An expert attorney will help you get financial compensation for your sufferings and help you deal with the matters of the insurance company.
- However, to find the best personal injury law firm, you have to carefully check their experience and expertise with the cases of your type and other relevant personal injury cases, i.e., car accident cases, truck accidents cases, motorcycle accidents.
- Book a FREE consultation with a top personal injury lawyer to represent your car accident case in Springfield, MO.
Most Common Types of Personal Injury Cases in Springfield
Springfield, Missouri, is a beautiful city full of lively individuals, but the accident rate here isn’t ignorable. Various types of personal injury cases happen in a day, but only a few get reported to the police.
From a vast list of Missouri personal injury cases, the ones with a higher rate in Springfield are mentioned below.
1- Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents are on the rise in Springfield and have been considered as the most dangerous ones. These motor vehicle cases are the primary cause of the wrongful death of the driver, and if the driver is safe, he/she will suffer from severe injuries.
Motor vehicle accidents could be car accidents, truck accidents, or the most dangerous motorcycle accidents. These cases are highly vulnerable to causing severe brain injuries, spinal injuries, fractures, or sometimes they can only be bruised.
If you have been in a car accident, immediately consult with a veteran Springfield car accident attorney.
If your vehicle was not a car, but a truck or motorcycle, then you should review these pages:
2- Slip-and-Fall Cases
Here comes the second most common personal injury case, which is slip-and-fall. They sound very light, but they are dangerous ones. Slip-and-fall cases are the primary cause of hip bone fractures, arms and legs fractures, and sometimes, they can also cause catastrophic injury.
Feel free to book a FREE consultation with a top personal injury lawyer.
3- Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice is the most common personal injury case related to patients and the elderly who need medical care. It is about the use of any illegal medical practice or negligence from the hospital’s medical staff.
Negligence and improper practice in hospitals can cause severe patient damage and lead to wrongful death. Medical malpractice cases are serious matters and you need a serious personal injury lawyer on your side. To get justice and compensation from the insurance company, consult with a trusted medical malpractice lawyer in Springfield for legal advice.
4 – Workers Compensation
Most companies can be trusted to take care of their employees, but there are certainly some bad apples in Springfield and the surrounding areas. If you’ve been injured at work through an accident or assault, you may want to speak with a workers compensation lawyer in Springfield.
Best Springfield Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal injury claims are more complicated than insurance companies make them out to be. We consider all elements of your case, including medical costs, financial losses, and the long-term effects that the injury might have on your life.
A severe injury will impact your ability to work, take part in everyday activities, and even enjoy some of the basic pleasures of life. We work to guarantee that those accountable for your injury are held liable for all of these matters.
At Carver & Associates, we take a team approach. Our Springfield personal injury lawyers collaborate to form an effective strategy for every case.
We work with industry experts such as doctors and accident reconstruction specialists to provide expert testimony so jurors can better comprehend the facts of the accident and its impact on your life.
Do You Need Help with a Personal Injury Matter
Hiring an effective personal injury lawyer is very important, but effective case outcomes are just as crucial. We provide the individual attention of a small law firm with significant firm results.
Our lawyers effectively accomplish settlements as bold advocates for our clients in interactions with insurance providers. Our attorneys never hold back – we use an aggressive approach to communicate the true scope of your damages to the insurance companies or the jurors.
Since 1981, our law firm has established a proven track record of brilliant legal services and effective outcomes throughout the Springfield area.
With over 40 years of combined legal experience, our personal injury lawyers are adept at representing all types of personal injury claims. We have successfully managed claims for the following types of cases and more:
- Tractor-Trailer Collisions
- Automobile Collisions
- Boating Accidents
- Slip and Fall Cases
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Automotive Product Liability
- Workplace accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Auto Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Uber/Lyft Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Workers Compensation
Work With a Top Personal Injury Lawyer in Springfield, MO
If you have suffered an injury or the loss of a loved one due to another party’s negligence, you will require skilled legal counsel to identify your overall damages.
At Carver & Associates, our lawyers will listen carefully to your story and guide you through each step of the legal process. However, time is of the essence. You must seek legal counsel as soon as possible to ensure that you receive the total compensation you deserve.
The statute of limitations for submitting an injury claim in Missouri is usually two years from the date of the injury or the date of death due to the injury. As soon as that time limit passes, a victim loses any ability to pursue a compensation claim. With so much at stake, the time to take action is now.
How Do I Choose a Good Personal Injury Attorney for My Case?
Finding the best personal injury law firm is not an easy task. You have to do your homework before hiring them. When you are going for an interview with any personal injury law firm, consider the points mentioned below.
1- Experience of the Personal Injury Lawyer
An experienced personal injury lawyer will represent you and help you deal with the insurance company more efficiently. He/she understands both sides of the situation. It means they will be able to negotiate better cases on your behalf.
2- Turnaround Time for Your Case
This is how quickly the personal injury attorney works on your case and what his/her turnaround time is like. It’s okay if he takes a day or two to file something with the court, but all cases should be taken care of quickly, with maximum attention and effort from your team of personal injury lawyers.
3- Locations for the Personal Injury Law Firm
If you want all your personal injury cases handled by different Springfield personal injury attorneys, choose those who practice law near your home or work. You can also hire more than one attorney if there is an urgency and need for it.
4- The Honesty and Integrity of the Personal Injury Attorney
Personal injury attorneys should always be honest and trustworthy. When you are looking for an attorney, make sure to ask them about their average win and compensation amount before you hire one.
If they do not tell you anything about their legal work experience, this is nothing but cheating with your needs. They should provide you with all information at first glance that is needed to know by you.
5- Reviews of Personal Injury Attorneys
You can also see reviews on Google or Yelp to understand the case results of the personal injury law firm more precisely. Review platforms like these bring more transparency to the industry and help clients make their decisions quickly.
Once you have shortlisted some potential Springfield personal injury lawyers, always ask: “How much do they charge?” and make sure that everything matches with your budget before hiring them. Feel free to contact us, and we’ll be happy to help get your life back on track.